The least exciting thing is going to happen soon, in 3 more days.. I don't mean my cousin's birthday, on 17th June; but this day is the day I return to work after a long 4 months break.
I should feel thrilled about returning to a new, and supposedly very chic office space.. But I'm not. My office has moved from the ever-so-accessible Shenton Way to 'ulu-ulu' (local speak for 'out of the way') Beach Road, spawning a total of 4 floors. It is impossible, for me that is, to walk all the way from Lavender/Bugis MRT to my office building. No way am I going to make myself sweat like some domestic maids, whose employer insist they walk to every destination; in order to save up on transport fees from a person who takes care of the whole household!
Worries haunt me, even before I hit my workdesk.. Will Rianne get used to not having my boobies to suckle on whenever she's hungry? Will Annie Mummy be able to cope when Rianne throws a tantrum? Will Rianne be hard on her granny and refuse to give her some free time? And the most worrying of all.., will Rianne be ok drinking formula milk sometimes now, and even for good, if mummy's produce gets lesser and lesser?
After serious considerations, I had Rianne's timetable planned, and here is how it will go..
- One feed of formula milk - 130ml at night, just before she goes to bed (12am).
- As formula milk is more filling, Rianne would need just another formula feed around 3-4am.
- Then I would wake and breastfeed her at 5.45am/6am, and get ready for work after that.
- Subsequent feeds would all be expressed milk (ranging from 80-130ml) which have been frozen in advance, and need to be thawed and warmed for consuming.
- I would express my milk twice at work, once in the morning and the other just before I finish work.
- When I get home around 8-ish, I would breastfeed Rianne one time or twice, if she's very hungry.
- Then the whole cycle repeats again..
Sounds simple? Easy feat? Hmmmm, hopefully my little princess would be a good baby and the above routine will work for her! Crossing my fingers..
No comments:
Post a Comment