Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rianne is 6 months old!

Being a preemie, it's not unusual for Rianne to be smaller in size than the other babies of her age. However, when her cousin Joelle, 2 months younger than her has the same weight as Rianne, I became rather conscious.

Rianne does drink lesser milk than Joelle, if you look at the intake per feed. My baby takes 80-100ml/120ml of breastmilk every 2 hourly, and the latter drinks 175-180ml formula milk at an interval of 4 hours. But on totality, Rianne actually has more milk than her younger cousin. Not forgetting the twice cereal feeds Rianne drinks with 70/80ml of breast milk.

My little talkative princess although smaller than her peers, is not developing any slower than any of them! Take her motor skills for example, she's learning to sit already (pictures as shown in previous post) and before she could even sit on her own; she's now taking baby walking steps on a walker! It was my mum's idea to put her in a walker, and surprisingly she managed to take several steps.. ermmm, however they are in the reverse direction which I don't know why! Hahaha..

The other thing which I am so proud of Rianne (and I'm very certain Annie Mummy is too) is, her ability to poo using a potty! Yes, you have not heard me wrongly; a potty. Some toddlers only learn and succeed pooing in a potty at the age of 1-2. My darling baby knows it's poo-poo time when granny flashes the brightly coloured (it's orange in colour!) potty after her morning feed, and another time after she had cereals. Now then I realised how baby poop actually look like in solid form, when it's not squashed in a diaper.. Nasty.

Rianne does have a few unusual habits, even at 6 months old. She shakes her legs when she is seated on people's laps and when she hears music. She loves to check herself out in the mirror, especially when her hair is being combed. She likes looking at you from the mirror, and then at your face just so that she knows it's is the same person. She enjoys watching the telly, but not animation and the cartoony stuff though she still like the nursery rythmes dvds we got at home.

She loves it when you play peek-a-boo with her, and the more I play with this little bundle of joy, the more I wish I can stay with her all day and night..

No comments: