2 blog posts later, Rianne is 7 months old! Wow, how fast children grow man!! Hahahaha..
We are now introducing Rianne to semi-solid food, which isn't considered too late to begin as I have known of 1 year old toodlers still suckling their mama's boobs at meal times! Rianne will have brown rice cereal on its own at noon, and porridge cooked with ikan bilis, dried scallops, potatoes, carrots and even broccoli sometimes, will be taken for dinner.
I have also changed a different follow-up (for 6 months old onwards) formula milk for Rianne. Her previous infant formula from this "SXX" brand was still fine, but when we continued with the follow-up formula; I found that she has problem finishing each feed. Also the milk powder was never dissolved completely, leaving chunks of residue on the milk bottle; and this makes washing so difficult. Especially when outside, we won't have the baby bottle detergent with us; so the bottle is hardly very clean.
I decided to ask for samples from other brands available in the market, and see which one meets my expectations. Surprisingly, the second one I tried does. It is a hypo-allergenic formula, gives all the required nutrients, and most importantly; Rianne likes it! She can finish the milk, and sometimes not even enough for her. This "NXX" brand of milk doesn't produce any grease on the milk bottle, so washing is like a breeze!
Well, I couldn't believe it when I discovered that Rianne was teething! She had been cranky, and keeps putting her fingers into her mouth, then pulling them out abruptly. She was also having problem drinking her milk. My colleague who express milk together with me in the office, was complaining about her daughter's teething woes. The syptoms were similar, except that her girl had fever and Rianne didn't. I told Annie Mummy, and she confirmed my suspicion when she rubbed Rianne's gums and found jaggered tooth buds on her upper teeth bed..
Rianne now has 2 teethers, one in the shape of a zebra and the other, looks like a biscuit and a cookie. She loves most the biscuit & cookie from Combi Toys, and always reach for them when she see me holding them. To ease her teething discomfort, I bought a teething gel which can be rubbed onto her gums whenever she's feeling sore.
I remember my nephews Joaquin & Jayden looked so adorable with their bugs bunny tooth, and I really can't wait to see baby Rianne looking like Bugs! Hahahaha..
Here's a video of Rianne having porridge for the first time, super cute her!! ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment