Don't know why and how things lead to the consequence tonight, it somehow feels like we were 2 total strangers to begin with..
He cannot fathom why I insist on doing some things, and I cannot accept some of his ridiculous behaviour. It almost seems like 2 incompatible persons are forcing themselves to stay together in a relationship!
I have always cared for him, eventhough I don't have time for him. There's a huge sense of guilt in me that makes me want to love him more. Maybe I should not be thinking in this way, reciprocation does not work on the basis of guilt.
When 2 persons of different backgrounds, lifestyles and mindsets come together, it takes more than just love for them to bond , compromise, and stay together forever.
The key to an everlasting relationship is communication. With that, I meant listening too. It doesn't serve any purpose if the communication were badly delivered without consideration to the other party's emotions and position. It is equally futile if you try to communicate and never get the other person's support and understanding.
When a couple talks, they share their personal experiences, perspectives and interests. This can't happen if your better half is totally uninterested, or can't be bothered even when you told them.
In my case now, the best listening ear is actually myself.
Let my ears and heart receive what they want to hear, and decide everything else for me..
No comments:
Post a Comment