I have past 37 weeks now, and my baby will not be a pre-term birth if I were to go into delivery now. However, baby K don't seem ready to come out anytime soon; though physically I feel greatly strained and having signs of backache and even contraction pains (mild) at times.
I am to closely monitor my blood pressure, every 2-4 hourly as instructed by my gynae to catch any abnormally high reading or a spike in the BP. This would be a sign of me having to go into induced delivery due to pre-eclampsia. Other signs would be the post effect of the high BP like a sudden black out or I faint, or worse go into fits.
My gynae do not believe that I will go into labour naturally, like labour symptoms will hit me on its own. He don't think I will experience the contraction pains by interval, or feel my waterbag break to go into labour. That to me is sad, as I thought what better way to go into labour than experiencing the unexpected myself! I didn't get it during Rianne's birth (which was induced), so it would be nice if I get that once-in-a-lifetime encounter (yup, no more pregnancy for me after this) at this pregnancy.
Well, quoting my gynae; he doesn't want to 'miss the boat'. Inducing birth is much preferred and safer for me, lest my condition takes a drastic turn for the worse. Although I kept saying "I'm not ready!", a part of me actually wish to go into labour and get it done and over with soon. Experiencing heartburn every single day is no fun. Walking and balancing my movements like Humpty Dumpty is the least graceful too. And carrying an extra weight of 10kg and more is no joking matter!
Ok, I'l wait to hear from my gynae soon and update again. Wish me luck, all.
No comments:
Post a Comment