Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Those sick-ening days..

What do you get with a sick caregiver, and an equally sick and whinny baby? A super distressed single mum, who's about to lose her mind any minute now!!!

Rianne has had a cough for the longest time ever. We brought her thrice to the doctor, 2 different doctors in fact. I actually wanted to send Rianne to the hospital directly, but my mum was influencing me with tales of the heart-wrecking treatment methods the hospital was likely to administer.

The last time Rianne had a high fever, we went through the same process of consulting several GPs; and fed her with so many types of medicine; but eventually the hospital's treatment worked.

It was very painful watching the unwell Rianne in misery. She would cough and cough, get so breathless and her phlegm would never be able to come out from her little throat. Annie Mummy would pat continuously on Rianne's chest when she starts coughing, and she would even turn her upside down so that her phlegm would fall out easier. However, all these were the largest discomfort to Rianne, and she would be wailing her guts out instead of getting the phlegm out.

Being the only well person among us means that I am supposed physically stronger, and able to carry out more duties, like fetching Rianne's medicine & syringe, getting ready the vomit bucket in case Rianne threw up. No one truly understand how stressful it was for me, helplessly watching my daughter in pain..

Things got worse when I have to fulfill my job responsibility at the same time. I wasn't able to be at home for both Rianne & my mum, and that sucks! I hated myself for being an useless mum, one who can't even give up work for my child. I knew that if something were to happen to Rianne, I would never forgive myself.

With my work (payroll processing) finally done, I took a few days leave to care for the most important people in my life - my mum & Rianne.

No comments: