Monday, May 10, 2010

Time after time..

Pls don't take this little hearted title to be something retro-delic, or something funny. I so much hope this is all a joke, but unfortunately it isn't. The truth's gonna hit us - my family, again, on Friday.

All of us would have heard of the saying "once bitten, twice shy", and fully understand the interpretion of it means one would never repeat a same course of actions, if the person had experienced the consequence (usually very bad) from it the very first time.

I just can't fathom why my brother isn't a believer of this saying! He jolly well knows what the consequences are, if he breaks the law again and he simply chose to take that action, time after time again.. Barely out from the prison 6 months, and he is on his way back inside again!

Honestly, I don't have much empathy for this brother of mine; although everyone who knows me is aware of how much I dote on the youngest in my family. I guess I am more disappointed than upset at this point of time. I just hate to think of how heart-broken my mum will be (she always will be), how pitiful Joaquin will become, and how much trouble it will all mean for me. Don't tell me these thoughts have never ever crossed my brother's mind? Well, if they didn't, maybe some time inside a confined area will help clear his mind and he might eventually recall those consequences?

Not sure if the judge's going to show any leniency towards a repeated offender. But I suggest, don't pin too much hopes. Maybe some people need to learn through the hard way, or maybe some never will...

No comments: