I am writing this post for 2 reasons.
One being I am really very much stuck in a rut at my current workplace, until I almost don't know what I exactly want in my career. Secondly, with the present situation in KL's family, there is potentially a chance of me being deprived of owning our own house and living our lives alone.
Obviously I have a say in deciding on the former. Only I myself can conclude if HR is the path I want to take, and continue walking down it for a long, long time or, will my future be something else?
KL was sharing with me the possible scenarios that could take place with 1 of his family members going away permanently. We could get a place together with his mom; and live together. She can choose to take care of Rianne for us, or continue working. This place we are looking at, will be a ready-to-move in flat >> translated : a resale flat.
I have never fancied a resale flat, be it because of its cost, or because it is not new. I appreciate the privilege of being a Singaporean gets to enjoy buying new flats with payment coming out mostly from CPF. So, it never cross my mind to give up on this advantage and pay a lot more on a flat which may have several owners before. The claw points on purchasing a resale flat are quite easily seen by past incidents of loansharks harassing new occupants of a flat previously occupied by a debtor, or bad conditions of the flat only showing after the new tenants live in. Another thing I most dread happening in a resale flat, is the possibility of the house being 'unclean'; i.e. haunted.
You may not know the full history of the house and its occupants before, so you wouldn't know if any horrible things occurred in the place. It is not myself that I worry about being harassed by the "unknown", but for Rianne. She's just a child, and you never know if whatever it may be, is harmless or not.
Lastly, I am quite sure it will be extremely difficult to agree on a location of the flat. KL is so dead bent on choosing a location that is conveniently located near a MRT station, which means the house may have potentially been around for quite a number of years.
To be frank, I have yet given my word to purchase a resale flat; and to buying it and staying together with KL's mom. I am not certain at all, if I want to do all that..
No comments:
Post a Comment