Apart from being very expressive, I am also one of those emotional freaks who will cry like a big baby at the slightest drama. So much so that I can even tear hearing my own words!!
There is this saying in both English & Mandarin, "All good things must come to an end". But why should they, I tend to ask. Is it because one should not only get good things, in order to understand misery, or learn to be appreciative? This is absolutely not my intention when I decided to end my journey with my employer of almost 5 years..
I love my job, my boss, my colleagues, as well as the 500+ folks in the organisation! The relationships I have with the staff are really amazing, and that's why it is so hard for me to do what I need to do without shedding a single drop of tear.
A week filled with farewell luncheons & dinners, 2 bouquets of flowers, well wishes and some generous gifts, made me really really touched. I know I stand a place in the hearts of many, and this gives me such a strong sense of job accomplishment; that I can so proudly say that I have done my job well in the 5 years with the company.
There was only 1 negative comment out of the many notes I received. It came from a person whom I believe derives pleasure from doing what she does best.. and I wish her all the best in the organisation, without her strongest rival - me.
No comments:
Post a Comment