I was just thinking the other night, I recall I didn't dream of being what I am today; back in the past.. in the past when I knew what an ambition was, and desired to have the most ridiculous occupation ever - a housewife.
But, at least there was an ambition; something that drives an individual to progress to the destination. I cannot visualise someone's life without an ambition, and what if there are other people in that life with you? It is simply immature to leave a job just because you are unhappy, and not have a better job to throw yourself into. You then give yourself all kinds of excuses like "I resigned without a job because I can afford to", "Why should I force myself to stay in a company if I am not happy there?"
No one should be compelled to stay in a horrible work environment, but it is definitely not the wisest move to leave a job without something else on hand; as there is a possibility you struggle to find the next job. And what about the ambition? You forgot you work your hardest everyday to get to where you dream to be at, and in a flash; the impulsive you throws in a white flag and put a halt to your future.
I am sorry but I ain't exactly sympathetic to people who make unwise calls like this, especially when you know you are accountable to someone; or not at least when you know some people are going to rely on you in the near future. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment