I don't know whether has the recent passing on of Papa D got anything to do with my increased patience threshold for Rianne's misbehavior, but I do feel the need to be less hard on the little one.
Unlike my mom, she's always on the 'ready-to-yell' mode at Rianne. I mean, I know she's a little rascal; and I really mean that, but still can't you have a little compassion for the girl who has lost her daddy to cancer. As if it isn't sad enough that her daddy died in his early 30s, before she can even grow up to care for him.. :(
Although Papa D has left us for the better (no more suffering!), there is no reason for me to completely erase his existence in Rianne's life. So, the term "daddy" and his name are still very frequently brought up, in order for Rianne to discipline herself like in the presence of a fatherly figure.
Rianne no longer wails when we brought up the passing of her daddy, and I kinda believed she might have come to terms to it. Else, she might have been simply been too oblivious to it, since Papa D has never really been around.
Being the naughty 3, Rianne really proved to be a handful; so much so that I always end up exhausted after every weekend. She's a lot more active, interactive or should I say talkative? A lot sociable, like a social butterfly! Mischievous, and temperamental, she can be extremely demanding and really try all means to get what she wants. Maybe that's where she drives grandma crazy, as the other person has always been in control in the whole household!
I am hoping as Rianne gets older, she will understand and differentiate bad behaviour from the right ones. I don't think I have borne myself a rascal at heart, definitely not the little person who says "I love you mommy" every night and give you a hug that feels like the warmest cashmere ever..
No comments:
Post a Comment