Tuesday, June 26, 2012

OMG!!!!

Just when I thought I am already in the darkest pit with extreme bad luck and health, I had to uncover a misfortune!

My mom, not exactly the most attentive caregiver, actually cooked expired macaroni today for Rianne! That awful packet showed a date of 1-Aug-2010 as its expiry date, and trust me; I could literally feel myself hitting the roof when I saw the date!

The explanation my mom gave was, she remembered she just bought that packet of macaroni not too long ago. Refresh my memory, what year is it now?! It is already 2.5 years from year 2010, and by saying "not too long ago"; you'd probably think it is just last month, or a few months back.

Apart from being a little hysterical (which mother wouldn't?!), I am feeling damn bad. How can a mother not know what food goes into your kid's stomach?! How can you be a 100% sure the caregiver is a 100% careful handling your kid's meals?! Rianne had the macaroni twice today. On each of the 2 times, I was enforcing that she was eating it if she wants me to play with her. Shame on you mommy, for forcing your child to eat food that has gone bad.. :(

Rianne has now gone to bed. I also had my share of the bad macaroni. In fact, if I didn't eat the macaroni; no one would ever discover the expiry date was back when Rianne was just 1 year old!

I hope nothing will be wrong with Rianne. She should never have to suffer because of my negligence, and my trusting so much of Rianne's grandmother. I will not forgive myself for not checking or tasting the macaroni before giving it to my daughter.. Really, I shouldn't.

No comments: