Saturday, June 16, 2012

Coughing pains

My cough has been going on for 3 months now, and instead of getting better; it actually got complications.

I am having sharp persistent pain on my left waist everytime I cough. It is weird as the waist should be the least affected part of the body when I cough. I was actually more concerned, and very bothered about the incontinence I was facing than anything else.

Although KL has been nudging me to go consult a doctor about this, I was just dragging it day after day. Until this morning, I experienced the pain again in the shower and I was almost unable to stand up afterwards. It hurt so bad when I was coughing, and when I was trying to spit my phlegm. For a split second, I thought my waist was just going to break.

It didn't get better when I have finished my shower. I started to worry if it could be appendicitis. I continued getting ready for work, but it was so unbearable even when I move my body the slightest bit. I decided then I shouldn't be this stubborn coz I am just destroying my own body.

Headed to the clinic which is available at 7am, but ended up waiting until 7.45am before the doctor finally showed up. Preliminary checks indicate that the sharp pain may be a complication from my prolonged cough, as doctor says the ribs get impacted when I cough persistently. He said he can only diagnose my current situation with an X-ray done. Hence, he sent me off to a chest and ribs X-ray which I can pick up the results later and then go back to see him.

On my way to get the X-ray, the pain actually hit me so hard that I couldn't walk and was grabbing onto a pillar to rest. However the X-ray results shows no abnormalities of my chest and lungs, also no deformation on my left ribs. The doctor kinda concluded that it is nothing serious, but probably just a torn muscle. He asked me to complete the new meds he gave me, and my cough should be gone as well as the pain.

Seriously, I don't really have much faith in doctors nowadays. Spent a fortune consulting them, and never recover from old & new ailments. Let's see how the meds from the doctor will help this time..

No comments: