Sunday, July 15, 2012

Proposal.. soon?

I wish, hahaha! I reckon it's not going to happen anytime soon, though KL has been asking for my expectations on the proposal ring.. Doh!

The very first question was popped a while back, asking me about my ring size. I am stupid when it comes to technical specification or dimension, really, like I have no clue of the things I put on my body.

We just couldn't judge my size with the rings I have, so we decided to go with the Tiffany & Co size guide. I happily downloaded the app, have my ring size determined by placing an existing ring onto my phone screen indicated by the app. It was a 5, if I remember correctly. See it's been a while and I have difficulty remembering! Arghhhhh.. yes, nothing happened after that.

The next occurrence of a seemingly proposal prep was when KL told me about this website which sells rings at a relatively cheaper price than jewellers. He sent me the link and asked me to browse through their extensive collection of engagement rings & wedding bands. Needless to say, I was hooked to the site and keep tagging those rings I like. Well, no action from KL again when I was done with that.

Recently, he asked "How much do you think your engagement ring should cost?" I fainted because of the question he asked, and also because of the false hopes I am getting again. I kinda patronized him (Shhhhhh, keep it to yourself!) and said it depends on how much he intend to spend. Obviously it didn't matter to me much since I know nothing will follow after his question.

Then last Friday, we actually went to look at rings... wait, wait, let me finish, look at rings through the windows when the jewellery shops were already closed. Yes, he wanted to do that on purpose as he didn't want to be dragged into buying something he don't to. In fact, he was telling me he will not buy any diamond ring from the jewelry shops as the prices are made higher because of their brands. He even said that diamonds need to be of superior quality, otherwise it wouldn't be worth the money.

For me, I actually would fancy a ring for its design more than the size & quality of the rock itself. Who cares if the diamond is 1 carat big or 0.5 carat, if the design is completely awful and booooooring! That is probably the only difference between KL's & my perspective on the engagement ring.

I actually don't really care if I get a solitaire as my engagement ring, coz I would very much prefer a intricate design over a huge diamond. Also, I don't think any normal quality diamond will be any less sparkling to a higher quality one; so why go to that expense?

I have already seen a good number of engagement rings from Blue Nile, the website recommended by KL. Just thought to share some of the designs I kinda like and very much affordable (less than $3500) here with all.. Of course, the one in yellow gold can only be my choice for the wedding band.



No comments: