It has been a while since I last attended a wedding. I enjoy going to one, witnessing and sharing a couple's matrimony joy.
My ex-colleague I known since I joined my former company in 2007 was a good friend, both at work and personal. We were in the same hot spring naked, butt-naked we were! She wore my dress and stockings at Taiwan, while I did her makeup for her. Shared some pretty close and wonderful memories for 5 years now..
She and her boyfriend of 8 years tied the knot last Saturday, and both Rianne & me were invited to the wedding banquet.
Rianne was dressed like a princess, and another ex-colleague actually commented she look like the flower girl of the wedding. I started dreaming of my own wedding then.. Rianne in a lovely white flower girl dress, with a diamanté-studded tiara nicely tucked into her hair. Me & KL hand-in-hand strolling down a beautifully decorated aisle of white and champagne, with our princess Rianne walking in front of us. How dreamy is that..
Both KL and I have agreed to do away with the traditional customs of a wedding. That means no dowry, no fetching of the bride, no tea ceremony and no wedding banquet. We will just have our solemnisation and followed by a lunch reception. I know KL has given in to me by agreeing to hold the reception. I am touched by this gesture of his, and very honestly; I cannot wait for it to happen... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment