Friday, November 16, 2012

Your missus-to-be, Me

It was like a dream come true when KL suddenly went down on his knees, holding a small square box in his hands..

I knew it was my destiny, our destiny, to be man & wife. I was touched to the core whilst feeling the warmth from the tears rolling down my cheeks.

In the box lies the very beautiful diamond ring, which I have picked previously from the few ring designs KL showed me. A bright sparkly diamond sits in the centre of the ring, accompanied by 2 lovely pink sapphires on both sides of the diamond. A tiny surprise was found on the inside of the ring, with a small diamond embedded into the bottom of the ring. KL later told me the small diamond represents him. :)

I was overwhelmed. Inside me, so many emotions were waiting to burst out in the gorgeous seaview facing suite in Shangri-la Sentosa or otherwise known as Rasa Sentosa.

The clock has just struck 12, and it was officially my birthday when the doorbell to our room rang. KL opened the door and someone on the outside handed him a tray which I could see from the mirror reflection as I sat on the bed. He took that tray straight to me, and it was a chocolate cake with a "Happy Birthday" tag on it. He then reached into his bag, and at that moment; I thought "Yay, he bought me a present when he said he didn't!" It was not a present. It was a birthday card, and he chose one with a really sweet message this year. I read his handwritten note carefully a few times just so I could embrace and cherish the love coming out from his words. Never did it occur to me that his opening sentence has a hidden meaning to it..

"This is a special day for both of us." I thought it meant special celebrating my birthday in a damn lavish way, in this suite which cost KL close to $500! He has instructed me to get the small plates rinsed so as to eat the cake, and so I did in the bathroom where the basin was. I placed both plates on the tabletop of the small corner bar counter, and turned to KL. At this instant, he knelt down and opened a ring box in front of my face. He was saying something at this point, but my eyes were fixated on the bling in the box that I couldn't hear him. These were his exact words : "Ms Regina Lim, will you marry me?"

I couldn't take my eyes off what I saw, and I finally decided to 'test' if what I saw was just a dream. It wasn't. It was KL who removed the beautiful ring from the box, and placed it on my fourth finger. Unfortunately, the ring was too big on my slim finger.

I couldn't resist keeping the ring on my finger, despite it being too big. I asked for a picture of my hands to be taken by KL, so that I can capture this precious moment for eternity. I had wished time would stop at this instant as I have never felt this happy before.

So, I am officially KL's fiancée.. and this day, marks the start of my lifelong happiness..

No comments: