Friday, June 21, 2013

Wedding bells ringing..

Yes, finally they are ringing.. Ring, ring, ring!!

Our initial plan was to hold the wedding in Oct this year, on my birthday to be exact. Somehow, we never really got down to planning the event. Well, I did researched for a few venues and obtained quotes from them. It was KL who didn't do anything except telling me "I'l leave the planning to you".

My enthusiasm for the wedding hit rock bottom after a while, and it only picked up after our relationship revived from the rut it was in.

This time KL did not leave the planning to me. Instead, he participated eagerly in the research, attending wedding roadshows with me and emailing the contacts for our potential venues.

This is what we intend to do, engage a bridal studio/shop (BS) for our pre-wedding shoot (PS). For actual day (AD), we will have our solemnization (ROM) at an outdoor venue, preferably garden or a beach, and followed by a wedding lunch of at most 30 guests. I would like to stretch the number of guests by a little, if budget permits. Too many friends I know would love to be invited to my wedding (that is what happens when you are well-loved, hah!), so I really hope I won't disappoint them.

Our BIG day was agreed to be 17 May 2014, which means from now to then, a total of 10 months is available for the planning & preparation. 10 months is a good timeframe for us to work on the whole process, since we are not having a dinner banquet.

We more or less have a better idea now of the planning process, and I have listed them as follows:

10 months before - start research on BS & venues and shortlist a few of our faves.

8/9 months before - schedule appointments to go down to shortlisted BS & venues to try on gowns/venues as well as to check on their package prices.

No later than 7 months before - confirm with the BS you are going with, and let them know on the theme for the PS, confirm the photographer (PG) & make up artist (MUA) and select the gowns. Similarly for venue, confirm, go through set up and food tasting.

6 months before - decide & purchase on wedding bands and send for resizing.

3 months before - apply for our marriage registration online, and make contact with our selected Justice of Peace (JOP).

1 week - 1 month to wedding - personal grooming like facials, massages and mani & pedicures.

Planning a wedding is not only exciting, but it builds a stronger than ever bond with my Husband-To-Be (HTB) every single stage of the process. :)


No comments: