Friday, June 7, 2013

Bliss

Seated beside my pregnant friend watching her baby bump magnified as the months past, munching on mixed caramelized and salty popcorn, and laughing ourselves silly over The Hangover Part III.. this is bliss.

I am grateful for our amazing friendship, one which I wouldn't have thought will last beyond our co-worker relationship.

Ms Dela Cruz, oh, I actually adored the last name! You may already tell that she's not a local. In fact, I don't think I have any friends of the same nationality as her except those who I have worked with.

It all began when she applied for a HR/Training position with my former employer. I was to mentor the person who got hired, and I was also involved in the interview process. Maybe it was her age, which is the same as mine; her background as a single mom which I could only relate; or maybe it was just chemistry that was sparking throughout the interview.

We not only worked closely, but we grew very attached and became very close friends outside of work. We shared and understood our cultural differences, lifestyles, had sleepovers, and were even wearing each other's clothes.

We started dating our current partners there about the same time, and we were each other's advisor and listening ear when we needed someone.

Many in our HR team has claimed that it is hard to understand her, probably due to her language understanding. I somehow believe it is also because she is not cut to be a HR person.

Although she didn't do well in her HR role, I know this will not change our friendship a single bit..

Cheers to our IFC - International Friendship Club!!

No comments: