Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Owly Molly!!!

Hey'ya, this is a dedicated post for you owl lovers out there! Someone who cannot resist anything owly- accessories, furniture pieces, bags, etc. and one who cringes at the sight of a real living owl; you are the identicial me!

Out of late, there are more & more owly goodness sprouting everywhere.., i mean practically everywhere! I forgot when I fell in love with this bird, but I always knew I have more than just a soft spot for it. I had once displayed my humble owl collection of clothes, accessories, shoes and took pictures of the whole family of them on my bed. But I realised I keep buying them and the pictures were soon out of date..

My love for owls took on to a higher level after I seen the creatures in person at the Juring Bird Park. They are no different from how they are commerically marketed/packaged. Too cute for words! Though there are one or two solemn looking species you would call - the wise owls. I'm paticularly smitten by the snowy owl for his pure white fur, and eyes that would look right into yours. I stood outside the glass exhibit in total darkness, except of a few night vision rays/lights emiited to showcase the exhibits; and watched the night creatures as still as the darkness, making the occasional hoots. It was a special moment, an undescribable connection with the owls that I cherish so much; only to have Rianne whinning and bugging us to bring her out of the darkness. Party pooper.. :(

Nevertheless, I just wanna share some of my favourite owly pictures and stuff that I know will bring a smile to people who love owls as much as moi.. Enjoy, and hoot away!!

Check out this owly website too : http://www.myowlbarn.com



No comments: