Friday, February 28, 2014

BTB Breakdowns!!

Hah, you'd think all BTB & GTB are the happiest people, beaming radiantly every day leading to the time they get married; and likely even into the first few weeks/months of married life.. You are wrong!! Let me share with you the stress and breakdowns from the BTB, due to wed in 2 months!!

It was such a close shave for us on our wedding decor planning and our PWS. If you remember, I had already started researching on the perfect wedding decor more than 6 months back.. I was hit so badly when the wedding planner I wanted, could not take on our wedding project. Rosette Designs & Co. was very apologetic, and very professional in the way they handled my request for an alternate recommendation. However, I was panic stricken, as I didn't think I was able to find another planner as ideal as Rosette. I was reading wedding forums all day, and checking out recommendations from other BTBs. Eventually, I wrote to a couple of planners whom I have shortlisted in great hope that they are available on my wedding day. 

I was optimistic again when 2 of them came back with positive replies, indicating their availability on 17 May 2014. I had to make a decision between the two. One is an established wedding planning co. whom has done big scale weddings, and the other is a smaller start up owned by a bride turned founder of the company. I thought the chemistry with the latter was great, probably because she was a BTB herself before. However, it took her eons to present an estimated quotation which was only available after my persistent reminders! I decided that, service response/level is gonna be a critical factor in the coordination of the wedding decor. Thus, we decided to place all wagers on the former company - Butterflies & Cakes. 

It wasn't long before the designated wedding planner from B&C and I put our thinking caps into action, and we were sharing ideas, pictures that we both seen and have found them suitable for my wedding theme. Things were going on fine until Jan this year when I thought it was about time to launch full force into the preparation of the wedding decor. But, we have yet to sign any agreement from B&C. Turns out that B&C has decided to wind up their business, and will not be taking on anymore projects including my wedding! 

Apart from completely taken aback and at a loss on next steps, I was emotional. I felt that maybe it wasn't meant to be, that marriage is indeed not my thing! :(

I was so grateful that the wedding planner from B&C had offered to continue planning our wedding on a free-lancer status. The only thing is, can she do the job well?? Does she have the required resources (including manpower) to deliver and execute my wedding decor envision? Apparently, she manged to convince me & KL with a partner who used to be an ex-planner of B&C too.

The biggest meltdown had to be when my mate informed me at the eleventh hour that she has fallen ill badly and cannot assist with my PWS! I needed a friend (girl) to help me change in & out of my gowns (4 in total) at toilets in outdoor locations which may either be small, squeezy, or dirty and wet. Any one of them just mean inconvenience for me to do it on my own. Thus, I broke down crying when I received the news! I was desperate for help on the eve of my PWS.. 

With God's grace (really, I do think its His grace!), my ex-colleague offered to help me after learning about my predicament! I cannot be any more thankful to her! 

All thanks to my ex-colleague and cousin who chaffeured us to the 4 outdoor locations, my PWS went smoothly without a glitch! Even my photographer for the shoot adores my ex-colleague. She's such a sweetheart, who could resist her?! Without her, our PWS photos wouldn't have turned out so well that we added a couple more pictures than required into the album! 

Signing off with one of my favourite makeup & hairdo from my PWS.. 

Xoxoxo




No comments: