Friday, May 9, 2014

Awful phase 2

If you can still remember, the most horrible looking me have to be the post child-birth moi.. Without a proper shower & unwashed hair for 5 days straight in a row, that has to be the grossiest thing a girl can ever do to herself! 

I'm not repeating this (phew!), but somehow, the me now feels as awful as back then; minus the smell! The facial complexion is at one of its worst ever, the hair while waiting for its snail-like growth has churned grey hair in the opposite speed! And may I reiterate, I am a B-T-B!!! How depressing this is!!!!!

The hardly lucky me, was desperate with time at my back, and no fortune so to speak (we were saving freaking hard for the wedding!! ) to spend on luxurious or technology breaking treatments. I had reached out to a very good friend who always have problematic complexion, and she referred me to an aesthetic doctor whom she said was good and inexpensive. 

There, I went, with huge hopes that my blemished face will look smooth and flawless after seeking treatment from the doctor. I was agreeable to everything since I was already desperate to the verge. The IPL treatment was the recommended solution. I have my taste of an IPL years back at the beauty salon I used to patronize. I had freaked out back then, on not only the process but also the results! But somehow, I was convinced that the IPL administered by the aesthetic doctor is different and quick, effective results are what I will get. 

The IPL was no less scary than what I had done before. In fact, I was so tensed that I could feel each light hit (like a rubberband snapping) with double impact on my face! It was painful, and it left a charred smell on my face. The whole process went on for about 10 mins, and before I know it, it was over and I was handing out 312 bucks for the entire session.

Conclusion: The effect was not as visible as the doctor and his nurses claimed. It gave me heart pain (over 300 hundred dollars for 1 time!!), face pain (I was weeping as the light rays hit my face each time!) and every blemish is still there! 

Of course, KL gave me a piece of his mind when he found out about the IPL. Later I found out that you wouldn't see results only until at least 5 treatments are completed. Also, the most awakening fact I learnt about IPL is, it actually thins your skin! 

Well, I decided, I am taking a step back and let my skin just be how it wants to be on my wedding day. Maybe I would look beautiful instead? But before you & I make that comparsion, you need to see my current state first..

Little zits (new) on forehead

Sides of the face too!


My lip wasn't spared too..

Whoever says only pretty, photoshopped selfies can be posted on blogs?! I am just being myself here.. Oops!

No comments: