Before I go any further, please allow me to announce the destination for our honeymoon. (Can I get some drums rolling please???) We are going to visit S-P-A-I-N!!
Spain has always been one of my dream countries to visit, amongst many others. The vibrant city and culture is most known of Spain. Of course, not forgetting the delectable Spainish cuisine.
You can imagine how over the moon I was when KL told me that we will be going to Spain instead of Greece! The latter was his choice at the beginning. I was secretly pondering what made KL changed his mind, and I have reason to believe that he was drawn to Spain because of the local signature dish - paella! He loves it, and me, i'm crazy over churros!
So, with this, we decided on the period we are going, and for how long we will go for. KL was a little upset that we couldn't do a longer trip because I don't have a lot of leave left for this year. But hello, the longer I am away from work; the more work emails I need to clear upon my return! And my colleagues may not be as excited as me if I were to be away for too long.
The honeymoon will be from 1 October to 19 October, a total of 18 days as we are physically out of Spain by the afternoon of 18 October. This will be the 2nd longest holiday I have ever taken, with the 1st being the UK one of course.
I'm glad KL took on the initiative to research & book our flights. Impulsive it may seem to take the flight promotion from Qatar Airways, but the flight times were actually very ideal.
We had compromised that we will do a few cities in just 1 country, instead of travelling across a few countries within close proximity. This would be more cost saving and still get to see as many things as we want!
Well, the itinerary (close to being finalized) was like a 90% done by KL. I basically just had to nod my head in agreement to the cities he found to be most promising of tourism interest. In total, 6 cities were to be visited including Spain's captial city, Madrid and the must-see Barcelona!
With 6 places to go, accomodation would be a killer! We can't spend all our money paying for expensive hotels with facilities which we don't even have time to utilize. Thank God for Airbnb! The most wonderful place to find accomodation all around the globe, without burning a hole in your pocket.
The only thing you need to have when booking at Airbnb is trust. Trust that the apartment/house/igloo (yes, even that!) turns out to be the same as how it looks in the pictures on the website. Trust all the reviews from people who have stayed, or claimed so, in the place you are interested in. Build up the trust between you & the apartment owner with frequent communication. With all of the above, we went ahead to secure 6 apartments in 6 cities of Spain!
Now, luggage packing needs to be started; and packing for a 19 days trip isn't gonna be easy.. So, should I bring more than a pair of shoes plus sandals? Should I bring exactly 19 sets of clothes? How about accessories, undies, bags??!! Arghhhhhhh, wish me luck..
No comments:
Post a Comment