Thursday, July 10, 2014

World Cup fever

Yoz, guys!! i'm right here awake at 5 in the morning, not due to insomnia (luckily!)  but a World Cup fever that I am 'suffering' happily from..

It is the 2nd semi final tonight, with Netherlands playing against Argentina in the Brazilian land.

The Cup started with lots of disappointing performance by the hugely supported teams like Spain, England, Portugal, and Italy. None of them made it to the Quarter Finals. The whole world was spectulating that it was a year for the underdogs, when countries like Belgium, Costa Rica and Colombia advanced to the final 8 for their first time in the World Cup history! 

Well, my night (morning) ended sensationally with an emotional win for Argentina against Germany by a 4-2 penalty result.. I did not expect myself to be swarmed by such a wave of emotions as the Argentinans scored each of their 4 penalty kicks! I believe it was because of the dream that Lionel Messi has, to win the World Cup title for Argentina finally 24 years later!!

Dreams do come true, and I hope it does for Messi.. :)

No comments: