Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Our first wedding anniversary

Unbelievable it may be, but we actually survived our first year of marriage. A first year of being husband and wife, but staying apart.

At some point, I think this is a pretty good arrangement. Knowing how 'relaxed' KL is with everything except money, it is to my best interest that he is not staying with me and Rianne as I cannot afford to lose myself every single day on top of going crazy with Rianne. However, on the flip side, living apart now may mean more adapting, understanding  and patience required when its time to stay together. 

We are a weird kinda couple you may like to describe us as. We sometimes quarel so fiercely like it is for sure to end up in a divorce, or sometimes the relationship got to this stage where I lied to KL about me having an affair behind his back. Hah, yes, I was this nasty to him! But, he was equally demanding too. When it comes to our joint finances, I am not getting why KL is so particular or so meticulous in the tracking and planning of our budget, savings and expenses. So much so that I cannot breathe at times. 

He insists that I properly track my expenditure and expenses on Rianne in a mobile phone app. I'm the kind who doesn't throw any receipts/bills away (useful when I need to do an exchange for things bought wrongly on impulse, haha!!), but I'm totally not the kind who will immediately organize or enter the spendings into a spreadsheet (in this case, an app). Hence, I refuse to give in to his request as I know I won't be able to adhere. 

Many (I believe guys) would praise KL for this wonderful, life saving habit; but not me. I mean, if this is what he is and what he wants to do; be my guest. He can do so himself, but not demand me to do the same. 

Well, I don't want this post to end up sounding like a complaining post about my husband. He isn't perfect, so am I. He has the virtues that I may not be able to appreciate now, but I am sure I will be thankful for them in the long term. 

Here's a big THANK YOU to the man who's forever so patient and well-tempered towards his 2 babies. I love you, lao gong, forever and ever. Happy Anniversary! 

No comments: