Thursday, May 21, 2015

Wives are scary and disrespectful meh??

I chanced upon this article (link below) which a wife was sharing her behaviour & attitude towards her husband for over a decade ever since she was married to him. It is weird, (tell me if you think the same too!) as she was calling it abuse.


My first thought after reading it was "What?! The wife and the husband swopped bodies is it? It was the husband who wrote this right?!!" Why would any woman, in a good state of mind publicly announce that she is abusing (verbally) her husband? If that was really abuse, wouldn't she be already prosecuted? Or worse, already ditched by the husband?

It doesn't make any sense to me especially when I truly believe that a woman (more so for a married one) tends to be more attentive to details than a man. So, it is of course of no surprise to me that a man will simply not notice the types of meat (leaner, less fats), the brand of household products, the process of washing colored clothes separately, or even the concerns over leaving hazardous items around a young toddler, which a wife painstakingly makes it a point to rememember all for the sake of her loved ones. Initiating a healthy diet for the entire family, making sure her loved ones are free from the threats of potential chemical poisioning and avoiding monetary losses to the household. The kind of efforts and attention to details says a lot.

You think about it. The men who don't remember details as mentioned above, amazingly can be the most meticulous when it comes to ensuring their work shirts are ironed with starch and not just plain water; or that their underwears definitely must be of breathable fabric (non-synthetic will be the best!) or of a certain brand hailing from Japan! I thought they didn't care? Or it is of no big deal?

Apparently losing yourself at the husband shows not just your disappointment of them failing to remember the key details; but also serving as a reminder to them not to repeat the same again. But, tell me, will they remember the next time? No, they will not. 

I'm married to the man I dated for 3 years , and 1 year into our marriage; I still find my bowl of noodles (whenever the order was placed by my husband) containing spring onions everytime!! Do I feel disappointed or upset that he forgets? Yes, I do but I learnt that you just have to constantly remind him each time before he places the order. It doesn't kill. 

However, I will be extremely angry if my husband is neligent around the children. And I think a little screaming to get things into his head is quite harmless isn't it? We are not out to belittle or insult the man we love, even more not to abuse. I prefer to call it positive reinforcement. 

No comments: