Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Confinement

Just by looking at the subject, you would know that we have not got our confinement plan finalized yet. Sigh, it is such a dilemma for us especially when KL and I are now staying apart.

Well, my primary concern is not so much on the confinement bit but more on caring for Rianne's needs during this period. Rianne's school needs can be quite demanding especially when she has homework, assessment, tests, and spelling very regularly. My mom can only care for Rianne's living needs, but not in terms of school/academic. 

Hence, one of us (be it KL or me) needs to be there for her on weeknights. This very much narrows down our confinement options, as we need to ensure whoever is responsible for Rianne needs to be at my place by 7.30pm every night. Sorry, but working overtime will not be possible for KL if he's the one. However, I have my doubts if he will be able to fulfill the requirements. 

If we are not hiring a confinement lady for 1 month and me not staying at KL's, I'l be around for Rianne every day. There will be no rushing to get to my place and my mom can just leave for her weekday activities whenever she need. Don't assume this is the best resolution as it is not. My mom, now with her fractured finger and legs not as agile as before, is not the best person to call upon for washing and cleaning up a baby. 

There will be tonnes of baby clothes to wash, not to mention the existing load for the rest of the family. This is my biggest concern actually, as I don't wish to aggravate her 'condition' any further. 

I can order confinement food which I believe is very prompt meal-time delivery, so that part on cooking can be settled quite easily. And luckily, that is not the most expensive item in my confinement! 

What should I do?? Hire a part-time domestic maid for 1 month? Subsequently someone will still need to wash those baby clothes, which I am hoping will not be me. Arghhhhhhhh.. 

This triggers me for another post on baby stuff inventory, stay tuned! 

No comments: