This pregnancy I wasn't exactly spared of pre-eclampsia; but I am counting my blessings that I do not have to deliver my baby pre-maturely at 35 weeks! My gynae is hopeful for me to hold on for another week, til gestation of 36 weeks. But, I pray every night that my son will remain in his best condition (healthy and growing) until my EDD; or even until our National Day on 9 Aug 2016!
As the day draws closer, I am more and more excited and panicky of the childbirth. For a start, I am getting ready the list of things to go into my hospital bag. I find the items provided on this site really useful - http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/giving-birth/preparing-for-labor/hospital-packing-list/
I reckon the key item to prepare for my labour would be essentially the stuff that can keep my contraction pain at bay and tide me through the entire labour. I am not sure if the presence of KL will make a significant difference as compared to my mom's during my labour with Rianne. However, I am really having lots of expectation that he will be handy, comforting and most importantly, my pillar of strength and a 'human' pain relief. If he's gonnna be there physically, but engrossed in keeping himself occupied during the labour, then it is as good as me being there alone.
I'm just gonna list the hit list of items I find especially beneficial for me (at least) :
- essential oils/massage oil/lotion (my mom used medicated oil the last time to rub my aching back, not the best aroma for a pregnant woman I have to say!). There have been a specific scent which calms and relaxes me, which is Peppermint or Eucalyptus.
- speakers to play song list from Spotify (best source of relaxation if your husband hasn't got the best consolation skills!)
- notes from antenatal class for husband to read and advise the right breathing techniques (you are as good as blind when in pain!)
- coloring book/storybook, in case need to wait a while to be fully dilated
- mobile phone or ipad, for a movie in case of the above same reason too. This reminds me to have more movies downloaded soon.
I guess the above should suffice on top of the essential items.
My point of view is, my wellness (both physical and mental) is of utmost importance at the time of delivery. Afterall, I will be living under the restrictions of 'confinement' immediately after giving birth, so I better make use of the little luxury I am allowed.
No comments:
Post a Comment