I'm at home on a weekday not because I want to, but because I have to! Both me & Rianne have caught the flu virus, INNOCENTLY!
My cousin, who came from KL on a dubious coach bus last Sunday, immediately fell sick the following day. He was coughing and had a runny nose, symptoms of the swine flu! At first we thought it might just be the long bus ride that made him a little under the weather, and he will get better in no time. But who knows, he developed a sore throat after one day; and it really alerted us by then! I started to caution myself, my mum and Rianne from him. I made him wear a mask, and not stay in the living room when the rest of us are there.
I took him to the doctor, out of goodwill as any other person would do for the cousin, whose parents are not here. Doctor has advised to monitor his condition for 3-4 days, and see if he gets better or has a fever instead. I very much wished my cousin could 'go away' from us this period, until he recover. I have to be this mean, for the sake of baby Rianne. She's so young, definitely more vulnerable than us adults.
Well, he did went away.. after Rianne started sneezing, has a runny nose, and a cough. Poor her has to go to the doctor, and take awful syrups which she could barely get it down her throat. Same goes for Mama R. I was so fluey until I am almost strength-less to carry Rianne.
With the cases of H1N1 affected victims on the high, it's only best I stay out of the office. Everyone has a role to play, a social responsibility, to keep the epidemic under control.
*Latest number of H1N1 cases in Singapore : 969 (Updated on 4th July 2009)
No comments:
Post a Comment