Sunday, October 18, 2009

Swimming

I was thinking, it's going to be doubly hard for Rianne to want to get into a pool of water, after an unsuccessful attempt at the baby swimming centre last month..

Rianne, Jayden & Joelle had their first go at swimming (not Jayden's first though) at a pro swimming & massage centre for babies, located at Plaza Singapura. The three babies each occupied a tub, filled with water warm enough for them to soak in. After some flexing exercises to warm up the babies, Joelle went into the tub with a neck float attached onto her neck of course. There was no negative response, so Rianne went next. She screamed the minute her body touches the water! We tried distracting her attention with some bath toys and kept talking to her. She continued crying, and it got worse when Jayden boy, supposed to be more experienced in the swimming field, wailed when he was put into the tub!!

Rianne had to be taken out, as her crying did not stop. I only managed to snap a few pictures of her better composure before we had to end the swimming completely.

Joelle, the baby who swam first was the last one standing; when even the most expert of the three - her brother, Jayden was taken out of water the first. She was enjoying herself in the water, kicking her legs and the less bothered by the neck float that was resting on her shoulders. I wonder why Rianne didn't like it..

Anyway, I tried again to expose Rianne to swimming, in a public pool this time. I thought she would be fine if she knows that I'm going down with her, and that there's going to be no neck float. Indeed, she was ok and was having a ball of time in the baby pool. The pictures below will best relate the misery Rianne undergone (heehee!) at the baby swimming centre, and the delight she got from swimming again.. =)


Can tell at once Rianne isn't too happy about getting into the tub..

The teardrop she shed is still on her face, eventhough she has stopped crying


A totally different expression from the last swimming experience

Rianne definitely enjoying herself this time round..

No comments: