Seriously, I would even stay up to watch my fave TV series, ER, if it is only showing at 2am every night. Don't know if you remember the popular series in the mid 90s, with the set in a hospital emergency room. Maybe you might remember the drool-worthy Dr Doug Ross, played by George Clooney? Or the delicious Croatian Goran Visnjic, as Dr Luka Kovac? ;p
If all the above doesn't ring a bell to you, then you are probably someone like me who truly enjoyed the emotional rollercoaster ride the story plot brings with every episode. From exciting to mundane, and joyous to heart-rending. Every tale, every patient in the emergency room, will often without you realising, bring you into the story and get you so emotional. I am not even bragging, but it can definitely get the toughest person weeping like a baby..
Let me give you an example, in one episode, there was a couple who were travelling in Chicago before the wife could not travel anymore, as she was going to be in her third trimester soon. But who knows, the flight & travelling actually cost her baby's life. Her baby at gastational age of 24 weeks were forced to be delivered, and the poor soul only lived for 9hrs before passing away. During the short time of his life, the parents stayed with him throughout. Took pictures, named him and even had him baptized in the presence of a priest. How saddening isn't it.. I was sobbing the whole time in the 1 hour episode!!
Well, I think the best way for me to get back my sleep (now ER shows at 1am, Mondays to Thursdays) is probably to get the dvds and catch the series at my most convenient time. Will go hunt down the complete Season 7, and maybe if I can get them cheap, the other Seasons as well.. can never get enough of them.. heeheehee!!
No comments:
Post a Comment