To be honest, I ain't even sure now whether all the social networking sites, chatrooms, or online dating sites are being used morally, and for the right purposes. Are they actually the culprits of many heart-broken souls who may just take the failure too hard, and put a foolish end to their lives??
I speak from my experience.. I know Rianne's daddy from Facebook, a complete stranger who found my profile to be interesting and wants to know me better. Me, being the curious and friendly one, started our regular conversations from messaging on Facebook to chatting on MSN, and then to SYKPE. Everyday, we were progressing to a different level. We became more emotionally attached, and soon we were dying to meet each other in person.
Can you even believe I was the one who initiated my going over to the UK to see him? Yes, I must have been very bold and a little out of my mind. But honestly, it was a little "head-over-heels" in love with him at that time; so it didn't appear to be such a bad idea to go meet the guy I was chatting for 6 months.. What happen next, you guys already know.
Back to my friend, I wish I could tell her that this will be the biggest risk she is going to take. She must be prepared that anything could happen, and that there is no turning back if anything were to go wrong. So, good luck to her in the States, and I am praying hard for her that her long-distance love will turn out to be just how she had pictured him to be..
No comments:
Post a Comment