I would have never imagined my life at work now to be just like those of a honey bee.. Busy, busy, and busy!!
I almost lost my mind when my Lotus Notes email hit a record-breaking number of 2136 unread emails on Monday! I simply don't know how can that even happen?!!
Yes, a HR generalist does the full spectrum of Human Resources; but not things like sorting out letters, doing financial surveys for the government, and preparing visa letters for foreign embassies! I counted, I actually done 5 visa letters, twice resetting passwords of our online leave portal, 3 appointment letters, 5 interview arrangements, and about 6 Employment Pass issuance & appointment fixing in a day! These took up my 1 whole day at work already, can you imagine it?!
In an organization of close to 500 headcount, 3 HR generalists are not enough to support their endless HR queries, needs and requests; especially when it is mid-year now and people are reviewing their current job packages and come to a clear conclusion that they are being underpaid in where they are right now. The crazy turnover rate is very much the top reason why our team has been slogging so hard in the last few weeks. I basically leave the office at only after 10pm everyday, and still work are being carried forward to the following day, and even until today!
Work can never be finished.. sounds familiar? You may have heard it coming from your kind and concerned superior who is worried of you getting burnt outs at work, and thus this consoling statement to ask you to go home early. Sigh, you really wish you could; but then again your work will be stacking up like Jenga blocks waiting for you to pick them up and finish them the next day, or the day after, or soonest possible before people start chasing you for them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment