Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Slimming

Ha, I finally succumbed to slimming..

I'm not a savvy person in terms of beauty, wellness and skincare. Of course I know the big players in the market - London Weight Management, New York Skincare, Mary Chia, Slimfit, etc. The first 2 are sister companies if you are not aware. But, I don't really have any idea of what goes on in a slimming therapy/treatment. So, I was just unprepared and clueless when I booked an appointment for a slimming session on Tuesday.

go60 is the place I went. It is conveniently located at Esplanade Link, where I'l pass it everyday to work and going home. Initially I wanted a massage only to relieve the tension and aches on my body caused by hectic weekends of cleaning the house, shopping and bringing Rianne for Sunday brekkies or playtime at the water park.

go60 however offers more. Their services menu spawned from facials to massages and to slimming treatments. And the best part is all services are at a nett price of $60. No service fee/GST, how wonderful is that?

Being my first time, I wanted to go for the safer options and not those massive treatments where your body goes under some heating device, and be wrapped by basically the same food wrap we use at home looking absolutely like a cocoon!

There are a few slimming treatments available at go60. Some being manually massaged, and others by machine. Well, I personally don't think a masseur can massage fats away that easily, especially stubborn fats. Hence, to give my $60 a run for the money; I chose the go-Catwalk treatment which is a 45 minutes long session that encompasses massaging (I thought it seem more like punching!) at a target area of your choice plus a cold mask thereafter.

My overall slimming experience? Let me start off with my review for go60. It is a no-fuss, straight to the point beauty booth which offers services of value you are paying for. No value added services if you are thinking like maybe eyebrow trimming or any additional things the typical beauty parlour will throw in. They have a space constraint, so no nice cosy waiting/lounge area before and after treatments. There is no place for you to freshen up. They don't even have a built-in bathroom, so best to go first before you start your treatment.

The staff who attended to me was friendly and thoughtful. Maybe it was because of the holistic massage, which she needed to gauge my pain threshold against the amount of force she use. I thought my joints would break into halves by the end of the massage coz they have been cracked, rubbed, threaded non-stop for 1 whole hour!

The slimming treatment was quite an experience as I have never applied so much pressure onto my poor stomach before! The machine threading was definitely not gentle, but bearable. There was even an ampoule applied as the machine rubbed against my stomach. I asked the therapist if I should be expecting any post treatment effect, and she told me maybe there might be some redness on my tummy where the machine has 'run over'. Other than that, I should not feel anything different.

After the machine, I had a cold mask applied around my stomach. I think it was to reduce any potential redness as well as aid in the contraction of my fats. It was relaxing as I managed to catch a short wink before the mask was removed and I was hushed to put my clothes back on.

I would love to try the same slimming treatment again, and the therapist recommended a gap of just 1 week for the next treatment. Well, I wasn't about ready to take on the same thing so quickly again, so I did not fix my next appointment yet.

So?? I'm hopeful that the slimming therapy can bring down my waistline by a few inches.. if not, at least enable me to put on my favourite pair of Levis in size 25 back again!! Ambitious me, hah!!

Attaching a picture of the sleek mooncakes 'carrier' which looks a little like a tool box or one of those bags which you store your musical instruments in, eg. a trumpet. Inside the box are 4 baked mooncakes in lotus paste with single egg yolk, complimentary from Holiday Inn when you sign up for a 8 sessions treatment package with go60 now. I believe it should be while stock lasts, so don't wait if you are interested in losing an inch or two like me, or just craving for a nice relaxing body massage! :)


No comments: