Thursday, September 19, 2013

Angry

Yes, I am a whiny bitch again..

How can a woman pretend not to see a mother with a sleeping toddler in her arms on a crowded train during peak hours?!! The only explanation? She's a fat, rotten spinster who wants to sit on her huge awful a** for the rest of her life, and damn right; she don't give a heck to who's standing right in front of her on the reserved seat meant for people who need the seat more than her!

Honestly, these people disgust me more than puke, cockroaches and office politics! If you tell me that they are intellectually inferior than normal people, I will just forgive them. However, except looking idiotic; they are nothing like a moron. Yet their behaviour spells 'Inconsiderate moron'!

I can still remember the most-talked about incident where a chinese man spat thrice at an uncle (of a different race) when he was asked to give up the reserved seat for the old uncle. The chinese emphasized during the confrontation that there is no law stipulating that reserved seats must be given up to the people who need it. As much as I want to side the older man, the chinese man is not wrong.

It is not legislated and mandated to give up reserved seats. They say it is a privilege seat and not a compulsory act to do so. Then why not make it mandatory? Should we?? Each MRT cabin has about 12 reserved seats (yes, I counted them discreetly just now!), and I believe the train has around 10 cabins (at least). That would make up to 120 reserved seats! This means we must be ready to sacrifice reserved seats and vacant them at all times; and by all times, it includes even the peak hours of the day!

Is it reasonable? Is it viable? Say there are totally no (none at all!) needy people as illustrated per the sign above the seat on a weekday morning. Thousands of commuters pushing and fighting their way into a squeezy train, and there you have 120 seats kept empty for the folks who are not there. Makes sense? I don't really know...

If people can be more sensitive and selfless, then this question would not exist at all.

I hate that I am unable to give a closure to this. I wish I can stand up for the needy folks on the train and make the people occupying the reserved seats see and realise their ugly natures. But, how many times can I do this? Not possible to go to all the 10 cabins and lash at the 120 inconsiderate bums each time I'm on the train.

I am thinking a bit deeper, and somehow my thoughts revolve around how we educate our young and how we teach them the respect and the kindness to people who need some things more than themselves or others. The courtesy ad is a good initiative, but think of people/kids who don't watch the tv. And, did I mention how cheesy the ad was? Showing commuters dancing away to keep to the left on the escalators, and giving way to alighting passengers don't seem like the strongest delivery method to get the message across. So, the ad definitely has its imperfections! Try harder, LTA!

Also, instead of hiring staff or 'conductors' with a flashing baton-like rod which I see serve no purpose; why don't SMRT put their resources to good use? Have the manpower stationed inside the cabins and not outside (kinda like an easy job to just stand and flash the 'magic wand' while chanting the "Please move in" mantra!). Design their scope to include crowd control within the trains, ensuring that lazy bums shift their masses inside to the unpopulated areas. Most importantly, govern the reserved seats and see that only the needy people (I reiterate, people in this category are as per illustrated on the signs. Don't pretend you don't understand pictures!) are occupying the seats rightfully. We will appreciate that you are trying to make us, your customers feel valued and creating a comfortable ride and not a grouchy, uncomfortable-to-the-max journey!

Take this cue, SMRT before you become the number 1 detested corporation in the nation. You jolly well knows what this equates to, so do something!!

No comments: