My precious baby is all grown up. She now carries a school bag that is as big as her entire upper torso, and wears a school uniform with skirt/shorts hemming over her knees! She even shoo-shoos me away when I stand peeping at her in the canteen on the 3rd day of school!
The experience of Rianne going into primary school has been overwhelming for me. The added responsibilities to ensure that I pack her school bag and snacks box according to the timetable, have her school uniform ironed and ready, prepare her daily allowance, check and sign off her Pupil's Handbook and any other memos to the parents, etc. These and the unbreakable committment of being home on time to tuck her to bed, started to take its toll on me. I learnt that I need to rest as early as Rianne each night so as not to break the daily momentum.
In a way, this is good. I hardly ever went to bed at 8.30pm or even 9pm. I feel very much rested, though sometimes I struggle a little to fall asleep. This is a smart move as afterall, I have another little life inside of me now, relying on me to grow and develop well.. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment