Monday, February 1, 2016

High time?

Ok, i think its about time I reveal..

God has been really kind to bless me with another little angel! I cannot thank HIM enough for his wonderful blessings, and the strength HE gave me to press on through the very difficult first trimester of my pregnancy!

As per my past pregnancies, I was spotting very early at the start. In fact, I thought I was having my period and I was all ready to bring on the chunky-uncomfortable-sanitary pads-changing week! But I realised it is not looking anything like the normal menstruation I would have, and decided that maybe I should do a pregancy test.

It was funny how I was saving my very first pee of the day for the test, despite how 'urgent' I needed to go! 

I sat on the toilet bowl, holding the test stick in my hand, and refusing to peep at the results. I wasn't ready to face another disappointment, though we didn't try to conceive accordingly to what would have been the right date/time to try. Still, the anticipation would have killed me; so I eventually had to look. And, there it was! 2 lines appeared on the little window of the stick which means "I'm pregnant!"

It was such an overwhelming joy that I have to share the news with someone, and that someone was no other than Rianne!! I woke her gently from her sleep and told her that "Mommy is having a baby liao!" Her little sleepy eyes opened with bewilderment, and I had to wave the pregnancy test kit in the air to signal to her that the test has proven so. 

Of course the next person to know about my pregnancy was KL. I can't tell exactly how thrilled he was, as he probably was just trying to be as practical as he can be, on the account that we lost a baby a few months back.. 

The decision on not to go back to Dr Han was kinda determined by myself instead of with KL. I knew that only my previous gynae, Dr Wee, would do anything to ensure my pregnancy is not prematurely terminated. I know that I would be in good hands with him, and that his cost (completely private now) will definitely be worth it. It didn't take long for KL to come to the same realisation, as Dr Wee did all he can to prevent me from losing my baby in the same way I did before. 

On my first appointment with him, he placed me on hospitalization leave immediately and gave me a jab to strengthen my foetus while I take bedrest for the next 2 weeks. I was following Dr Wee's advice for the majority of time, but I still chose to work from home some days and even hosted a company event at an old aged home on one of the days! 

The spotting did not stop after 1 week, and Dr Wee gave me another jab. The 2nd week when I was still bleeding, Dr Wee ordered me to be hospitalized. He found a blood clot just above my foetus from the scan and says it isn't good if the spotting still persists. He very clearly says the key priority is to stop the bleeding and ensure I don't lose my baby like the last time. Hence, to be admitted and be on complete bedrest is the best option for me. 

While he gives me another jab (my third already!), I cried and thought of my previous miscarriage. I don't want to go through the same again, I want to protect my baby! With these in mind, I admitted myself to KKH the following day. I was there for a total of 3 days, lying on the bed and only getting off for nature's calls and showers. I stopped bleeding on Christmas Eve and was discharged. 

I count my blessings everyday and thank God for granting me with this second chance to mother a new little life. Because of HIS love, I am able to blog here and tell the whole world that I'm going to be the proud mother of a baby boy!! :)





No comments: