A happy period where you start to see your baby's limbs and other vital organs being formed and the little movements spotted through the ultrasound scan each time you are at your checkups.
Both KL and I were ecstatic when our baby moved his arms during my scan, and Dr Wee snapped a picture of him with his right arm high up; as if like he was waving to everyone who was looking at him through the monitor!
Apart from this happy moment, I was able to feel my appetite returning. I have the appetite to eat more than before in that naseous first trimester. But, I wasn't gaining weight. In fact, I had lost some weight.
In terms of my food intake, I am taking my meals at regular times as much as possible, and ensuring that I eat healthily; like a well-balanced meal. I find it harder to enjoy/finish my dinner though, and I wonder if it's because I typically have to rush through the meal in order to be able to put Rianne to bed.
I also started to venture into drinking more water. I realised that it doesn't turn me off as much as before, and I am gradually increasing my water intake by drinking a full glass of water when I take my meds instead of just half a glass. I find this to be a huge improvement, as I am seriously worried if I may eventually become dehydrated or diabetic due to the lack of H2O.
Another exciting part for some mothers would be the time when your baby's gender is being revealed at the detailed scan. Unless you choose not to know, else I bet all parents would be filled with anticipation as they wait for the gynae/ultrasound technician to announce if it is a boy or a girl you are expecting!
For us, we knew the gender of our baby when I was 11 weeks pregnant. Fetal sex was one of the test components of the harmony test I did, and the results came back to us 1 week after my tubes of blood were sent to the lab in US.
I didn't exactly prefer one gender over the other as I only care if my baby was healthy (if there was a significant risk for Down Syndrome and other bone deficiencies). Although KL didn't declare his preferance, I am guessing he would be happy if I was expecting a baby boy. Well, it turns out that I am indeed having a baby boy and to me, this news on top of knowing my baby's normal (aka low risk for Down and others) was more than wonderful!
With my baby's gender now known, the debate is on whether he should have a name with the first letter as 'K' or 'R'. It should be a 'K' since Rianne who is a girl follows my name with the first letter being 'R'. KL likes the name 'Rowan' and I agree it is nice. But I really wish he could respect the naming convention I have set, and finds a name which begins with 'K' for our baby.
The search for the 'K' name now begins..
No comments:
Post a Comment