Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The annoying husband

Seriously, I cannot stand how insensitive, immature and annoying the husband can be during the wife's pregnancy! 

In my first pregnancy, I was both quick and hot tempered. I was so independent being single and expecting, since Daddy D was in the UK that time, and we weren't gonna get married ultimately. This time I felt the same, equally independent and enpowered to do a lot of things on my own without the need to rely on KL. I think because of this, I always feel annoyed by things/suggestions from KL. 

Not like I get mad over the slightest thing.  But rather the things/comments from him were the bluntest ever, without a slight consideration to the person listening to him. 

Things from superstitions in pregnancy to pregnancy woes to confinement. He know nuts about them, but yet his comments were ultra-insensitive that makes you feel like telling him to shut up or simply shut him up yourself with a tight slap! 

I don't know. I really need to care less about how annoyed I feel with KL, his words and his actions. I only make myself  angry and unhappy, which is not good at all for the baby. 

If I can wish for something, I wish that all men can put themselves in the pregnant wife's shoes and be a bit more thoughtful, sensitive and understanding on the kind of hormonal, physical and mental changes we are going thru, and leave us alone for goodness sake!! Do only what the husband need to do and don't unnecessarily make 'small actions' to annoy the pregnant wife. 

Thank you, husbands.

No comments: