Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Shopping urges!!

I have always been a shopaholic, and I am not ashamed to admit it. But never did I think that my pregnancy hormones actually induce a lot more shopping urges than before! 

It makes total no sense to be drawn to loose, unflattering maternity wear unless you have always been yourself in plus-sized clothes! No, I wasn't attracted to those; but instead the usual pretty clothes in 2 sizes bigger than my pre-pregnant size. 

I love browsing thru racks full of the clothes I would buy without a baby bump, at H&M, Zara, Mango, Cotton On, etc. Then subsequently I get bumped, seriously bumped, because I look fat in those nice clothes meant for slim girls! 

The low-morale me decided to move away from pretty frocks and look at shoes and bags! At least there is no separate 'maternity' category for these 2! 

But I was wrong. Very easily I find myself in situations like "pregnant woman shouldn't wear wedges/heels!", or "this confined style is not suitable for pregnant woman when our feet starts to swell!" and "the shoes not comfortable enough for long walking!" Eventually I ended up drooling over pretty Melissas, funky Brikenstocks and choosing from Crocs..  :(

To me, comfort is the main consideration now where design and style comes after. There is no point flaunting an expensive or gorgeous pair of sandals only to realise you can't actually walk in them! 

I am also starting to reduce the number of stuff I have in my bag daily. As my stomach grows, walking is a challenge and panting or catching my breath is common. So, to make walking (an inevitable task every Monday to Friday) an easier feat for me, I need to go light. Less things in my bag or a smaller bag means I don't have to exert more energy lugging my bag when I walk. 

Waiting for the day where I can simply show up at work with one of my nice little sling bags, and walk with so much ease and comfort.. 


No comments: