Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The dramatic detailed scan

Didn't I already warn a gush of emotions washing expectant parents at the 5th month detailed scan of your baby?!!

I thought I was prepared to handle the emotions, I really thought so. Thinking back when Daddy D teared at the detailed scan of Rianne, I was still mocking him inside me. And now, I cannot help feel guilty of wrongly accusing him of being so wimpy and crying over the skeleton pictures of his daughter 8 years back! 

At the detailed scan, we were full of anticipation and undeniable anxiety too. KL was paranoid especially when it was his first time seeing such details of his unborn! He appeared relaxed but I know he was wondering what every single lump, bump showing up on the screen is, and if every measurement the ultrasound technician took implies anything. 

Small small baby (this is what we call him now) was super cooperative accordingly to the technician, as she was able to take all the required readings as requested by Dr Wee. From the images, she explained that small small baby had raised his right thumb like a 'good' sign to show us! She told us that usually babies will be fist-tighted and holding it upright, and very rarely, you get a baby who shows a thumbs up!! The technician shows there were babies before who showed a victory sign, how amazing that is!! 

Ok to the part where I teared. The scan was progressing and 3 of us (KL, me & the technician) were laughing over the thumbs up from small small baby and after that the technician were busy taking a lot of shots from the scan to put them onto a CD for us. I watched the images flashed one after another in front of my eyes, and I couldn't control my emotions anymore! We finally have a baby, and a growing and normal baby!! I find it hard to come to terms especially when I remembered the very traumatizing miscarrage less than 1 year back when my baby was cruelly taken away from us!

But God is good! He is forever full of love and compassion for us! He gave me this second chance which I am so grateful of!

KL is a very happy father-to-be as he kept reminscing about the details of the scan and how our small small baby is such an amazing creature inside his mommy's stomach now!! 

I love you, small small baby and mommy and daddy can't wait for the day to say this to you in person..


No comments: