Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Stress-less, not possible??

Thought the minute I am officially on Hospitalization Leave, my shoulders will drop and relax like never before.. but it was nothing like this. In fact, I was so stressed that I could feel my back and shoulders so tensed, that I want to hammer myself hard at those ache spots!!

Thinking of how I need to handover my work and complete some outstanding tasks assigned to me, kept me awake til this time. I really couldn't be a 100% off work until everything has been briefed/handed over/imparted. That is quite pathetic, but I have been too responsible and I need to draw a line soon. 

My heartburn's getting bad to worse recently, and it is unlike my first pregnancy where it typically happens only  at night; this time my heartburn is anytime.. I can be in the midst of something or nothing, and the surge of acidic gas will gush up to my chest and cause all the discomfort. Sometimes I wonder if my poor appetite is partly due to the heartburn. 

Honestly speaking, being pregnant is extremely demanding on the physical aspects as well as emotionally. I can hardly bend down without feeling uncomfortable with a strain on my uterus,  and also walking, carrying things without feeling breathless. 

Emotionally, I am challenged every day trying to cope with my emotions when I encounter stress, unhappiness, or anger. I'd lost it so many times that I felt disgusted by myself, eventhough I know its the pregnancy hormones making me such an a^*hole! I also at times grumbled about being burdened by this pregnancy, and was hoping that I wasn't pregnant at all. Of course, these are just angry thoughts and I would be lying if I said I didn't want to be pregnant. 

However, one obvious thing is throughout my entire pregnancy, I don't feel supported enough by KL. To him, I'm probably just a pregnant wife who is very much capable of doing things herself and that basically, there is not much for a husband to help out with. Any woman who's been pregnant before can tell you how wrong this is, and that you would be   such a jerk if you can sit and do nothing for your expecting wife! 

Jerk or not, I leave it to him. His world will change once he witness the birth of his child, and to see for himself the pain and hardship I'l be enduring during the labour. 

No comments: