Saturday, October 11, 2008

Financial Planning - 2009

That pair of bronzy, stylish ALDO sandals with the gorgeous seahorse decal is so making me lose my mind!! I have been fanscinating about owning it for the last few days, but my 'conscience' tell me I shouldn't be spending $115 just to beautify my veins-ful feet.. Oh, did I not mention that I have just spotted some varicose veins on my poor feet?

Now that Junior is almost 5months away from being born, there should be some proper financial planning done. I got the sums worked out, and considering that Annie Mummy is not going to be working anymore, her regular expenses are all gonna be on my shoulders! The monthly housing rent (currently debited from her CPF account every month), the nursing fees for granny, grandpa & first uncle, utilities and phone bills, grocceries, etc. Of course since my mum's gonna be the caregiver of Junior, I have to give her a monthly allowance.

All these are definitely gonna eat up a huge portion of my monthly salary, and being the sole-parenting figure of Junior, I am liable for all his/her life. No matter how hard it may be for me down the road, I will try my utmost to provide the best I can for my darling, the ever-so-important being in my life..

With this said, me and mum decided that we have to call for a family meeting. I can't be carrying this financial load all by myself, when my mum still has 2 other children. Hopefully, my siblings, though younger than me, will understand that their eldest sister is going to support a child without a spouse (maybe Junior's dad will help contribute, but I can't be replying on that), and help me out here.

Well, in the meantime, I can try to forget temption like that pair of ALDO sandals, luxuries and pampering for myself, or have Junior suffering with me the next time, which is never gonna be what I want!!

No comments: