Saturday, October 4, 2008

Somewhere Inside - Our first pleasantry!

It's amazing enough to know there's a new life, somewhere inside you.. and imagine exchanging pleasantries with the little being!

Indescribable - was what I felt at that time when the doctor (not my usual gynae, Dr Wee, who was fully booked for the day) pointed out the little fingers from the monitor to me. Apparently, little Junior was opening and closing those little fists of his/her, as if like saying "Hi Mama!" to me!

A pity only images of the scans are recorded and printed out, otherwise you all would be able to see for yourselves how my little darling is acting sociably! But well, a picture is better than nothing.. here it is..



It was purely by chance I got this scan done at KK Hospital, when my abdominal pains did not go away after 5 days. Wanted to ignore it initially (was so hoping to take my fave stomache remedy, but I can't), but Jeannie was listing to me all the possiblities of this prolonged pain; and I decided to not take any risks.

Doctor diagnosed the pain to be caused by eating some 'bad' food, or food that my stomach is not taking so well due to pregnancy. Her prescription, hear it.. Characoal tabs & Panadol! Can a pregnant woman take such medicine?! Maybe I am wrong, but I just didn't want to further aggravate my abdominal pains with other harmful effects that the meds may bring about.

Well, I ain't exactly free from the abdominal pains now.. just that they are slightly more bearable, and less frequent today.

Anyway, I have to post another scan of Junior taken at its 13 weeks inside me.. this pic shows the nose of my baby so very clearly! You could see the fingers already from this scan, and another distinctive feature is the lips. In fact when I was having the scan, the little one was pouting his/her lips at us! It made all of us (my mum & sis were there too) giggled, and wondered if Junior's going to have luscious lips like Angelina Jolie!


See what I meant? Heeheehee..

For the records, Junior is now 4 days away from turning 16weeks old.. or rather, my pregnancy. He/she should measure around 8 - 9cm by now, and the most awaited news will be revealed in my next gynae's appointment..

Will it be Baby D, or Baby R???

No comments: