There is nothing unusual for a girl in her late 20s (there's still a bit before I hit the big 3-0, ok?!), to be out with her fun-loving girlfriends on a Saturday night.. but well, it may be a different story with an expectant Mama R carrying that 4mth bump of hers to party the night away..
Honestly, I have not been out for a super long time.. ermmm, long enough in my definition. The party-loving Regina Baby used to hit the pubs/clubs at least once a week. The key word here is 'used', which means history for the now Mama R.
My best chum, Jeannie asked me causually one day, "Are you upset by the fact that you are now deprived of going out due to your pregnancy?" My answer was as straight as any runway at the Milan Fashion Week - "No, I am not the least upset or grouchy at all." It is true that I have always enjoyed 1 or 2 pints of ice cold beer at mid-week, and the grooving to my fave house or Hip-hop tunes at the club. But, those don't mean anything to me more than little Junior does now..
Although I will occassionally whine at being pregnant at the wrong time (with my career progressing and my studies uncompleted, it's just not the right time), I never blamed Junior for any of the sacrifices I have to make. Giving up partying is just one of the many things. Having to put on loose and unshapely dresses, boycotting my fave Oolong tea, and not being able to travel for at least 10 months to a year are the sacrifices, which all parents would say "it's all worth it".
Anyway, I did had fun last night hanging out with J Quek.. like how we always do in the past. I was initially hesitant about letting my hair down completely, as I wasn't sure if Junior would be ok with the loud music pumping, and the sweaty bodies pushing around. But, I was safe, under the protection of J Quek.
She brought me to 2 clubs which apparently have been around for a while, and I 'the frog in the well' was only patronizing them for the first time! After a glass of Shirley Temple, fruit punch and finally a bottle of distilled water, I was tired and ended our night at 3+ in the morning. Before hopping onto a taxi, Junior was rumbling in my stomach, craving for food. So, me & J Quek went to this late night kebab stall and bought a chicken kebab each.. Yummy, so satisfying!!
I must have exhausted Junior so much that we only woke up at 12pm today, and was napping away 2 hours later. Hmmmm, maybe a chill-out session at Marina Mandarin's lounge or at The Long Bar would be a better option the next time..
No comments:
Post a Comment