Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Uninvited

It is hard not to feel depressed, lousy and simply shitty (ok, finally the first crude word in my blog!); when you have always thought you are more than just colleagues with that someone whom you sat beside for the longest time in your tenure in the company.

Hence, my speechless response to the few office ladies who were invited to the solemnization ceremony that took place last Saturday, whereas I did not. In fact it kinda stunned me when I realised there was another girl from the company invited to the event, though she was barely acquainted with 'Ms Bride', let alone the groom. You can almost guessed what was running through my little faithful mind at the moment. "I thought she will never leave me out in her wedding invites..", "Does that mean we are no longer friends?", "Have I done something wrong?". These questions were hitting me hard and I knew I can't give any answers to them..

Not sure if I should be expecting an invite for the customary ceremony, or maybe by then she might not be here in our company anymore. Well, they always say true friends will stay the same regardless how and what the friendship evolves into eventually. I am secretly praying this will be so for me and her.

No comments: