Monday, January 16, 2012

Not fast and very furious!!!

I'm usually very calm, though I may just whine and cry out loud for a while. But this time, I am utterly disappointed and furious with our country's transportation system.

I have reasons to suspect that there is a conspiracy around the recent hike in taxi fare. Trains breakdown after what seems like a few decades, buses take forever to come despite estimated frequencies were openly placed on boards. All these easily contribute to public's distrust for trains & buses, and they opt for the safer form of transportation - taxis.

Then it seems so ever timely for a hike in taxi fares during the busiest time of a day, peak hours. People working in corporate organisations who "die-die" have to comply with the official start time, will have no choice but to part with their money to get to work on time. Just like me, who has responsibility to be at work at 9am on most days, are paying ridiculous amount of money on taxi rides. Even so, it doesn't guarantee I wouldn't get in late!

I am writing this on a taxi, stuck in non-moving traffic; barely halfway into the journey to work and just 10 mins away from my official start time. All these because of a SMRT feeder bus which failed to come after 30mins..

No comments: