Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shopping, shopping!!

Hee, it is never more enjoyable and satisfying than shopping for the little life that is inside you..

I am honestly, as clueless I can be about baby's stuff! What are the essentials, the comfy, the value-for-money, the baby's best fit? DON'T ASK ME, I HAVE TOTALLY NO IDEA!!

Imagine me and Papa D being first-timer parents, knew nuts about baby stuff and bought 2 pacifiers (thumb-shaped, which is recommended and cool that at least we knew this!) for the wrong age group! They are only good for babies 6months and up!

So, being smarter this time, I dragged the supposed experienced granny - my mum, with me for shopping. However, this granny never put aside her culinary traits for one second, and was attracted to the cooking demo at the departmental store before we could even hit the babies' dept! What can I say man?! Sighz..

Anyway, I had a ball of time browsing through all the rompers in the wagon, as they were all cute like nothing!! See those I bought and you will know..



Cutesy taglines, who could resist??

Well, there are still lots of stuff to be affirmed before I make hearty purchases, and those I mean, are diapers, baby wipes, detergent for clothes & bottles, and milk powder. These are large scale of consumables, and it's best that I gather more testimonials before I use them on my own baby.

Oh, there's another 'unique' item that Annie Mummy was searching all over in the baby stores.. baby binder, which is a piece of binding cloth tucked into the baby's garment and the diaper, so that there will be no belly revealing! Of course, the reason is so that the baby won't suffer colds when skin are always covered properly..

The bulk of the baby stuff has not been bought yet, maybe still too early? But then, I am nearing my final trimester already, so technically it is not too soon to get all stuff ready to go. I hope there will be a mega John Little Sale (at the Expo as usual), or the baby fair at Takashimaya exhibit hall really soon. Then I will be able to get the bigger items like a baby cot, baby rocker, bedding, etc, at affordable prices! I come to realise baby stuff ain't as cheap as I thought!!

My final picture before I sign off.. of all stuff ready for little Junior!


Shopaholic Mama R,
for little Junior

No comments: