When I first found out I was pregnant, there wasn't lots of 'wow's and 'yeah's.. in fact, it was only when the pregnancy faced an threatened risk of miscarriage, then people around got concerned and noticed that I am actually expecting..
Friends who know me, are more than aware than I am nothing like the attention-seeker. Hence, my pregnancy was just like a X'mas presie, waiting for the gift recipient to unravel the mystery inside the box. It was low profile, and I have not gone around asking people the 'dos' or 'don'ts'. The only thing I did was, to offer my mum retirement at a mere age of 51, and enjoying a bundle of granny-grandchild joy, while getting paid all the time!
She was agreeable, and I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't say yes when her feet is giving her pain everyday. Like I have mentioned in my previous posts, it is so much a bigger financial responsibility for me when my mum stop working; and I am not going to be naggy and repeat myself..
When Junior was 3 months old in Mama R's stommie, I wanted to start thinking of baby names regardless Junior's a girl or a boy.. Family says I was daft coz it was too early to think of names, even before I know Junior's gender. My sister and me went to the Taka Baby Fair, and again it was said that it is still too early for me to get anything for Junior.. Fine, I ended up buying 2 Bumbo chairs for my precious nephews and nothing then for Junior.
The first time I bought something for my very own Junior, I was so thrilled; eventhough the rompers were of a girl and a boy colour. Can you guys believe that the 2nd time Junior got new stuffs was when her gender was already known? Then she has new rompers, new mittens & booties, milk bottle (note it is singular, when all babies have at least 2-3 bottles to rotate), pacifiers, changing sheet, and talcum powder holder (no powder yet, ok!).. and all these bought only when Papa D was here in SG last month.
Yeah, those essentials were bought without my family's 'consent'.. Well, did I mention that my sister has bought almost everything already, at her current stage of pregnancy - 4 months and baby's gender unknown. Yes, she indeed and everything has to be of an unisex colour; such that it would be ok whether her baby turns out to be a boy or a girl. Also names have been decided, if baby turns out to be a boy, he would be called JONAS and if it is a girl, her name would be JOELLE. Whatever happened to the "it is so early to think of names when you don't even know if your baby is a girl or boy"???!!"
Notice what Junior hasn't got and what her cousin who's due to be born 2 months later than her has?? Everything!! Junior hasn't got her name, both English and Chinese (it makes more sense to let Junior has a Chinese name, since she's going to study Chinese for sure...), any kind of bedding and the bed itself too! A few trips to Kiddy Palace, but no one remembered that I was there to buy Junior a proper bed! Joaquin and Jayden were the centre of attention at the store, and they were testing on every rocker and every baby cot.. I had to abandon the lot and go source for things I presume is required for Junior and for myself.
Well, I don't mind getting Junior's baby cot from the John Little Mega Sale at The Expo. But we were there last week, and there wasn't any pink one nor was there one with the vibrating, light, and music feature. They only had the same blue Looney Tunes cot that I'd bought for Joaquin before he was born.
At Kiddy Palace today, we saw the perfect little bed for my princess. It was pure white in colour, has sweet pink bedding, and can swing to and fro. But it was a wooden cot, which means it cannot be assembled and kept in a swift; definitely not desirable. Then the rest of the baby cots we saw were only so-so, but the detachable control (for the music, vibration and light) was what I really want! The price of the cots, inclusive of the control, was $129, reasonable enough.
My sister did say that she wanted to buy the cot for Junior and me as our X'mas present. Cool, but not yet, as she says it is still too early and I can get it closer to my due date.. Ermmm, my EDD has not been confirmed since now, and it falls on the dates ranging from 17th - 24th March '09.
By January, I would be 7 months pregnant and very likely heavy with child. It is not like I cannot wait, anyway Junior wouldn't be born yet; but more like it may be difficult for me to arrange where and how the cot should be placed.
Forget about Junior having her stuff bought and ready, she has got no place in grandma's heart when the rest of her cousins are around.. all these can be represented by one word - Favourism.
Everyone's favourite line of 'advice' to me, is not to be a bad-tempered mum so that Junior would not turn out to be easily irritable or fussy. However, have they wondered why do I lose it so easily? Reason because the guys at home cannot be bothered with helping out with the chores, and not even being responsible for their own stuff! We are all staying under the same roof, so every move or action should take in consideration of everyone in the house. My mum always shield them whenever I have dissatisfaction towards my brother or my cousin. Accordingly to her, I shouldn't be so calculative and should just let things go, otherwise it is not good for Junior. Damn, can they all stop using Junior as a threat??!!
I have been treating the guys so well, and bought things for them on every trip I make.. to have my cousin Robin, throwing away the pair of jeans I bought him from Bangkok after a squabble! He was plain lazy to wash that pair of jeans after I told him off for leaving it on top of the dustbin (making the bin not functional at all!), and I found it all squashed into the trashbin afterwards! These ungrateful buggers! They never have to pay a single cent when they are out with me, never have to return me money I loan them, and yet this is how they treat me; raising their voices and throwing away things I bought kindly for them!!
Eventually Annie Mummy, my sister, and everyone else thinks I am just a petty and bad tempered pregnant woman.. let them all think whatever they like to, and I don't need to explain any of my behaviour to anyone! People who are unappreciative, don't deserve kindness from anyone, especially from a pregnant woman herself, who don't get treated the same way back..
No comments:
Post a Comment