Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Missing out..

Today's the big birthday of my best friend, X aka Ms Liao.. although we (the F5!!) had had such a fun time celebrating with her the Saturday before (pictures below will tell!), I still feel like I am losing and missing out on so much other fun.. take for example, X's little boy's birthday last Saturday.


Foxy Regina, Fashionista Jeannie, Fearless Zena, Forthright Xueyun, and Feminine Eileen - The F5!!

Little Ru'en had his 1st birthday celebration at the clubhouse near where they stay. It was a theme party, just like his mama and the big girls' 30th bash! His theme was 'Doraemon Wonderland' (ermmm, I named that myself coz I don't know the exact words), and the highlights of the party was not only the birthday boy; but the beautiful looking Doraemon birthday cake!!

I am thankful for Facebook, coz it provided me the channel whereby I could 'picture-lise' the whole birthday party, and all the scenes of that day. The other kids at the party was as lovable as Ru'en, and I really wished I was there playing with all of them.. like I am agile enough, hah!

I will be missing out on another birthday to come - Little Genevie's. The little princess's turning 6 this year, can you believe how fast time flies! Her parents are going to hold her bash at Kallang McDonalds on X'mas Day, and Jie-jie Regina (yes, J has been so kind to enforce that onto Genevie's mindset, hahaha!!) once again will be absent from all the kiddy fun..

Though I would not be there for all the birthdays, there's one birth-day that I would definitely get to witness and in fact, create that day! That is the birthday of Junior! Theorotically, it is just 3 months later; if there are no delay.

Gosh, the excitement is starting to kick in.. and as much as I am feeling all pumped and ready, there is another side of me which is extremely fearful and terrified. I am anticipating there will be lots of pain, but whether I would be able to handle all of that; it is very much a mystery to me..

No doubt I have a tattoo and had the experience of needles piercing into my skin for a consecutive period of time.. my idea of childbirth pain, or so other people tell me; is nothing like that of being tattooed or in menstrual pain. Some described it as 10 times the pain of menstrual cramps!!

Whichever it is, or how painful it really is, I ain't got a choice now isn't it? I probably grit my teeth through the contractions, scream my head off during labour and then begging to have an epidural when I finally cannot take it anymore! But the end result, me experiencing motherhood for the first time and have something endearing to me for the rest of my life..

No comments: