Honestly, if you ask me to describe, reminisce, or even re-enact what happened that night I first felt the contraction pain; I would yell my head off at you!!
It was horrible.. the contractions, I meant. There was no warning, no signs of them coming; and I started feeling weird already when I was at work. I thought it was the pulling and pushing back of the steel cabinets in the HR office, which kinda strained my stommie. Hence, I decided to call it a day and head home when it was time..
On the train, I had several abdominal cramps, but I brushed it off thinking it was Junior, as usual being activitiful. Until I alighted at Sembawang, the walk home was a terror! I had to drag my feet and try my best to stroll slowly, and pacing my breath systematically; like how the mid-wife at the antenatal class taught me.
I 'collapsed' onto the sofa the minute I reached home.. didn't even change. The next 4-5hrs afterwards kinda prepped me that childbirth is certainly a painful and no-fun event!
The first wave of contractions hit me hard, and I was literally squirming and leaning forward and up during the short rush of pain.. This went on, and then off at an interval of around 15-20mins each time. I was pretty sure that's the so-called contractions, however I wasn't certain it was the real stuff.. I can't be going into labour at only 7+mths of pregnancy, though my mum kept bringing up her experience bearing my brother at only 7mths pregnant.
The contractions went on and on, and I knew my torment was not going to stop until I rest myself in bed.. had messaged my friends and sister, asking them for some sound advice. All of them assured me that this might just be Braxton-Hicks, the false contractions before the actual labour. My sister on the other hand, was telling me to be prepared just in case. She even instructed me to check everytime I urinate, if my waterbag broke.
Feeling uneasy, I texted my boss and told her about my ordeal. Who knows, I might really be going into labour if the contractions carry on throughout the night. But luckily, they didn't. I felt no more contractions when my eyes were closed.. of course it could be because I was so much worn out by the earlier pain, and can't feel anything. But I was just counting my blessings when I woke up all fine and contraction-free the next morning.
Now that I had a taste of what's in store for me, I can only say "God, bless me!"
No comments:
Post a Comment